24 September 2013

Genealogy and TV shows



What a wonder it is that Television is bringing us Genealogy/Family History to our homes.

I think it really must be opening 
up family discussions. 
 Most definitely have folks 
questioning more about themselves 
and where they come from.

When you do family history how quickly you come to realize just how often our ancestors moved around. 

Myself both my mom and dad only moved to the town they raised us in.  Neither of them born there.  While I will say that even I did not come from the city I live in. 17 years we have lived in our adopted city.   

So when you can't find that ancestor on the next census in the same town/city you will have to broden your horizons and look else where.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...